List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd: koffice/qt3stuff + <attachment>
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-06-17 15:48:00

> > Are you using kde-2.1.1 or kde-2.2-alpha2 ? Due to the new printing
> > architecture, the printing-related code is #ifdef'ed to support both
> > QPrinter (if kde-2.1.x) and KPrinter (if kde-2.2-alpha or CVS). The "only
> > some pages" stuff I tested with KPrinter, but maybe not with QPrinter...
> > Bah, koffice-1.1-final will require kdelibs-2.2 anyway (which should be
> > released by then), so this isn't worth fixing IMHO.
>
> This is KDE-CVS and so its the KPrinter-dialog. Listen: I choose e.g. print
> page 2 (of flatland) and I see page 2 in kghostview, but in the ps-file there
> is the complete text!

Yep, same here. Only the first frameset though.. But then I did not have any
frames of other framesets on this page. (And yes I did in the doc ;)

> > Why would you ? The goal of "print preview" is to show you the preview
> > asap, not to bring up the printer config stuff...
>
> Maybe I only want to see the current page of my 8000 page document ;-)

Hmm, then use the print dialog and select your page there, clicking on
preview.

> > Ok... somehow it seems that the printer (or gs driver?) imposes its own
> > margins and cuts off the right part of the text because of that..... I
> > really have no clue about postscript etc. :}
>
> Maybe this 72/75dpi QT thing - I checked it, its still in QT-2.3.1?

Same here, even with the doc about ebooks I sent to David this afternoon...
ps. I also have ghostscript 7