List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: greeting cards by kword...
From:       frank <fmurray () email ! com>
Date:       2001-06-15 19:02:13

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 01:29 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> In that case you might be able to reuse core parts of
> e.g. kword or kpresenter. (I belive KWord has the better
> design at this moment?) and provide a GUI dedicated to
> greeting cards.

but so much of what would make a good greeting card creator
is already present in kword as it is: abilities to handle
varied texts and images, frames, frames within frames,
etc...

further, if the code for creating a greeting card template
was written so that it could be utilized for creating other
templates, i'd guess that a variety of uses would soon
suggest themselves...cd covers come quickly to mind...they
too, require parts to be rotated and scaled before
printing...of course kover, and others, already exist, but
they are single use programs...the generic capability to
create odd templates of rotated and scaled printing jobs
would find multiple uses...

but whether such capabilities ought be included in kword,
or only called by it, i've no idea...a plug-in, perhaps...

frank