List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Help With Project
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2001-06-10 22:06:24

Below is Jochen's reply to an email I sent him recently. I'm sure he won't
mind me posting it here.

On Tuesday 29 May 2001 07:15, you wrote:
> Hello Jochen,
> I was wondering if you were still developing the KProject application or if
> someone else has taken this over (or if the project itself had ceased to
> be:).

yes, i'm still developing. but there is almost no progress, because i had
little time in the past. i wrote a gantt module, but even that needs a lot
of work (e.g. dialogs for configuring).
currently, i'm working on a part of my dr-thesis. it's about data exchange
and data sharing and mangaging dependencies between data. i developed
a library which provides reflection and persistence for objects (all on a xml
basis).
this lib should be the foundation for the kproject core. so when i finished
that work,
(in a few weeks, i hope) i can do some work on kproject.

<snip/>

helping me developing kproject is welcome.

bye
jochen

So it looks like Jochen's KProject will be starting again soon. I don't know
whether it will be totally from scratch or will use some existing code, e.g.
the old Gantt module. If the new (cicada) KProject is also a PM app, then I
would definitely suggest talking to Jochen to see whether collaboration is
possible. The two projects might have different aims and desires that makes
them incompatible, but asking is the only way to find out ;).

I originally spoke to Jochen as I was interested in finally getting a PM app
(and a Personal Finance app :) created for KDE (KOffice maybe!), so it's nice
to see that others are also interested in this area.

Cheers,
Sean

--
Sean McGlynn