List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: bug displaying a kwd file w/ lots of different objects
From:       "Stephan Hachinger" <StephanHachinger () compuserve ! de>
Date:       2001-06-09 20:26:38

> On Saturday 09 June 2001 18:40, Stephan Hachinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > KWord; version: CVS June 7th, 2001, 15:11; at least this is the date of
> > /debian/CVS/Entries
> >
> > I've got a kwd file with two images, one formula and one killustrator
> > object. When trying to load it, it doesn't display the formula any more,
but
> > instead a white area. When I closed it and opened it again, the formula
is
> > displayed but not the killustrator object (white space instead). After I
did
> > the close/open action once more, kword crashed.
> :((
> Is that a file made with the old KWord ?
> The new one should load them just fine, in theory, but that's not a case
> I have tested much (especially with embedded objects etc.)

No, I've created it today... from another autosaved document (perhaps the
file is corrupted? but I don't think so). Hmm now it seems to crash at first
try... or randomly loads the formula or the illustrator object... or some
combination of those possibilities. Didn't go into a loop at the last tries.

> > Now, I'm trying to reproduce this, but hmm... it seems to crash after
> > opening it a second time... hmm hard to determine what's going on
because my
> > P133 machine only keeps on swapping... I think in about half an hour,
I'll
> > reset ;)
>
> Watch the debug output, you'll see if it goes in a loop
> (I fixed many such cases this morning).

You mean the terminal output? At most times, it isn't even possible to
switch to any other app on this awfully slow machine when the load is that
high :(. I'll buy a bigger hdd for my second, faster machine in some weeks
and then I'll install Linux on this machine. But I have to keep windows for
my daily work and games on the faster machine, so I'll have to use the
pentium for kde until that time.

> > If you want to have my file or a kcrash dump (w/o debugging symbols -
don't
> > know if it's of any use), just send me a email.
>
> Sure, please send a backtrace (NOT a core file !) and/or the faulty
> document to me.

OK, I'll send them to you.

Cheers,

Stephan