List:       koffice
Subject:    floating frames - naming
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-06-07 18:03:58

Framemaker has 2 types of floating frames.
Inline and external.
Inline are the same KWord has now when you insert a table or a formula.
External frames are frames where any frame has an offset to an anchor in the
text, moving the frame when text gets moved.

Framemaker calls them both anchored-frames.

As we have only inline frames, and I believe we allready kinda agreed on the
rename of 'floating frames' to 'inline <itemname>' I think this is best.

If we later add external frames (not part of the text-flow, but moving with
the text-flow) I think those should be called anchored-frames.

--
Thomas Zander