List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: Highlighting spelling mistakes
From:       "David Stidolph" <dstidolph () broadjump ! com>
Date:       2001-06-04 16:11:28

I must admit, I like the feature of being able to "AutoCorrect" that MS
has.  I am not a good speller, and whatever I can get to help is a good
thing!  Like it or not (and I do not), businesses and home users have
grown accustomed to MS Word.  KWord must support similar features or be
thought inferior.  Improvements can be made, but if a feature is
missing, it is a black mark.  I miss the spelling correction of Word in
MS Outlook (which I use at work).

One thing I would like is the way to add, edit, export and import the
user dictionary.  If I spend my time to add words to a database, I want
to be able to back that work up and transfer it to another computer.  I
have also been known to make a mistake and add a word to the user
dictionary that is misspelled (shock - horror).  Having the ability to
edit this database and export/import would allow someone to enter a lot
of use specific words (law, medicine, school, etc) and to share that
work.

In addition, a little more flexibility on what words to check for
spelling errors.  I am a developer and it is frustrating that I can get
word to not spellcheck words with numbers, but not ignore words with
split case (like FuncNameUsingSplitCase), instead it wants to "fix" the
split case for me automatically.

Anyway, that's my $0.02 for what it's worth.

David Stidolph