List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Highlighting spelling mistakes
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-04 16:15:17

Let me just clarify that I wont be able to code this (too much other KDE
related work), but I just wanted to see if it was planned, and if not, start
some discussion. :-)

It seems like there is mixed opinion. While there are people who can live
without it, they can turn it off. But for those who use it a lot, it could be
a really handy feature.

I think we need to assess the kind of people who will be using KWord. While
some will write technical documentation, some won't. I know that over here I
may be installing KWord on a number of computers at a school where kids have
got used to Word. From my research into this area it seems like a lot of
these kids would find this feature really handy. It is quite useful for them
where they are writing letters, reports etc. And again, if they find it
irritating (like anyone may), they could turn it off.

	Jono