List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: helping out
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 23:05:02

On Thursday 31 May 2001 22:12, Mark W. Webb wrote:
> hello, I am a developer new to KDE development.  I would like to help out and
> have heard that the koffice project is looking for some help.  I am
> relatively new to KDE development( < 3 months ), but would like to help.  Are
> there any places that I might be able to help out?  I would want to start on
> some smaller parts and then work my way up.  Thank you.

Hi,
welcome on board :))

There are many things to be done on KOffice, and since this is about
voluntary contributions, you're the one who decides what you want to work on :)
Obviously the first step is to use anoncvs to get the most recent sources
at any time, and then you can look into bugfixing things that don't seem to
work correctly :). http://bugs.kde.org has a nice collection of bug reports in case
you run out of ideas :).
Other than that, it's KPresenter that might need a bit of work at the moment,
between the autosave config (Toshitaka said he'd look into it though), and
things like porting it to the new qrichtext object (big work, don't start with that).
There are certainly other things to be done :)
Just an idea: improving the info seen in statusbars for instance (in most apps)...