List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword doc not saved
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-28 20:39:11

On Monday 28 May 2001 21:11, David Stidolph wrote:
> When you handle a read-only file I see several possiblities (let the
> user set options as to what default action should be):
>
> [ ] Warn user with dialog on open (or just something in a status area
> and/or the title).
> [ ] Do not allow editing the file
> [ ] Have method to switch read-only state
> [ ] Allow to save to another filename (suggest same name with (2) added
> to it).

Well, yes, those are basically all the possibilities, but I don't think it makes
sense to make it configurable. As a user, I don't _plan_ to open a readonly document
later. It just happens, and has to be handled gracefully, so IMHO we simply need
to choose a reasonable behaviour. A dialog box seems ok (and easy) to me :)