List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Missing (or just hidden) features ?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-27 21:39:11

On Sunday 27 May 2001 21:24, jowenn@kde.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> I played a littlebit around with kword (CVS) and
> there are some things I noticed.
>
> 1) How can I change the z-order of frames,
> without removing the below one and newly adding
> it ?

Missing feature, not too hard to add.

> 2) How can I split cells vertically in tables ?
> The split cell item in the context menu seams to
> allow only horizontal

Oh ? The code has rowSpan and colSpan AFAIK. Laurent, Thomas ?

> 3) How can I move tables ?
> If I resize them, they always stay on the left
> side of the page and I can't seem to be able to
> drag them around.

Well, either the table is floating (in which case its position depends on where you insert
it in the text) or it's not floating (in which case you can move it freely, it becomes independent
of the text around it).
For floating tables, you can even use a tabulator to position it on the line if you want.

> 4) Why do I always have to switch between frame
> editing and text input mode? Why can't I just
> grab the border of a frame to resize/move while
> inserting text ?

Yes, I wondered about how to do something like that too.
For the moment we kept the old KWord's method, switching between the two modes.
I agree that clicking on the border should go to the edit-frames mode automatically
and clicking in the text should go back to normal mode (and then maybe we can
even remove the tools from the menu). What do the other developers think about that ?