List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: MS Word filter
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-05-27 19:46:16

Hi Julian:

On Sunday 27 May 2001 14:16, Julian Rockey wrote:
> Anyone know if the MS Word filter is a separate download? It
> doesn't seem to be included in the KOffice I got with Mandrake 8.0
> (at least it's not an option on the File - Open menu) and I can't
> find a filters download page on the KOffice web site...

 MS docs can be imported by the latest Kword ( Kword 1.1 (pre beta
2)). You will have to download the latest rpms for Koffice 1.1 beta 2:
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/kde/unstable/koffice-1.1-beta2/Mandrake/8.0/RPMS/index.html

You also need the kdelibs-2.1.2. They are at:
http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/kde/stable//2.1.2/distribution/Mandrake/8.0/RPMS//kdelibs-2.1.2-2mdk.i586.html

Install kdelibs-2.1.2 first, then Koffice.  HTH.
--
					Cheers,

					Jonathan