List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Krayon KOffice 1.1 Beta 2 Mandrake 8.0 won't start
From:       Øystein Heskestad <oeystein.heskestad () c2i ! net>
Date:       2001-05-25 20:03:27

fredag 25. mai 2001 04:33, skrev David Faure:
> On Friday 25 May 2001 09:52, Øystein Heskestad wrote:
> > Looking under applnk dir: /home/heskeso/.kde/share/applnk-mdk/
> > Looking under applnk dir: /usr/share/applnk-mdk/
> > Found: /usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/kword.desktop... ok, this is a
> > KOfficePart
>
> Ooops, it's looking at kword.desktop instead of krayon.desktop.
> Bug in my script :) Fixed.

Copied the script to check_krayon_install2.sh
changed line 48
from
    find $dir -name kword.desktop | while read f; do
    find $dir -name $instance.desktop | while read f; do

result:
heskeso@localhost heskeso]$ ./check_krayon_install2.sh
Found: /usr/share/applnk/Office/krayon.desktop... ok, this is a KOfficePart
Native mimetype : X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-krayon

Service Types dir /home/heskeso/.kde/share/servicetypes/
Service Types dir /usr/share/servicetypes/
Found /usr/share/servicetypes/kofficepart.desktop
[PropertyDef::X-KDE-NativeMimeType]

Everything looks ok

> > After I disabled menudrake I am also able to start Krayon from the
> > Konsole:
>
> Then there's something wrong with the mdk's desktop file.
> Can you send me /usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/krayon.desktop ?

No such file:
[heskeso@localhost heskeso]$ ls /usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/k*
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/kab.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/karm.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/kchart.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/killustrator.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/knotes.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/korganizer.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/koshell.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/kpilot.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/kpresenter.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/kspread.desktop
/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Office/kword.desktop
I checked with Konqueror too. It ain't there.

Only files I found with this name
[heskeso@localhost heskeso]$ locate krayon.desktop
/usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-krayon.desktop
/usr/share/applnk/Office/krayon.desktop
/home/heskeso/.kde/share/applnk-mdk/Office/krayon.desktop
The two last ones are executable and starts Krayon.
I attached the first and last of these files.

But like I said in my last mail, it works both with and without the mandrake menu. I \
have no problems at all starting krayon anymore.  I don't know what caused the \
problem, but it is gone now. The only thing interesting is if other people \
experiences the same bug. If they do, disabeling and reenabeling the mandrake menu \
seems to fix the problem.

Best regards,
Øystein Heskestad

["krayon.desktop" (application/x-desktop)]
["x-krayon.desktop" (application/x-desktop)]