List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice 1.1
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-22 8:13:22

On Tuesday 22 May 2001 04:24, David Levitan wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm just wondering, when is koffice 1.1 coming out, and when is it being
> closed for new features? Also, what level of stability/functionality is
> needed for a filter to go into koffice? Obviously, I understand that the
> filter should be more or less stable and support the file format, but to
> what extent?
> And I am making some progress on the RTF filter. Hopefully, I'll get a
> beta done soon :)

No fixed plans for 1.1 yet.
The next step is a beta 3, somewhen next month.
I think beta3 could be when we close for new features, and have
a bugfix period up to a release candidate, then becoming 1.1-final.
So that would give one month. Would that be ok ?
I can't really answer the question about how complete a filter should be...
No filter is perfect anyway, so something that is useful is already enough.

PS: don't forget to commit often in any case (i.e. even if it's disabled from
compilation). It helps if others want to contribute to it.