List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread
From:       Tony =?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rkenius?= <tony.bjorkenius () linux ! nu>
Date:       2001-05-02 13:32:08

Hi

> > Hello
> >
> > I have written a findrow and findcol function for kspread, see diffs made
> > against koffice 1.1 beta1.
> >
> > I'm not sure I have done it the right way since this is my first attempt
> > at coding for koffice, but it works for me :)
>
> Could you explain me what your functions make?
> I don't understand what is the useful of your function.
>
> bye

It can be used to collect data from a table depending on the names in the top
row or first column (you have similar functions in excel but I'm not sure of
the name of them in english). We use them all the time at my job, one example
is you have 2 columns the first with article-numbers and the next with prices
you colud then use the function findrow("article-number";table;1) and the
funktion would return the price of the article.

I can send you an example excel-file if you like.

// Tony