List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: problems compiling beta1 on debian
From:       Ben Burton <benb () acm ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 21:28:27

> Do you think, simply deleting the entries for libkoml.so / libkoml.la and
> libqt3stuff.so in the files in debian/ would work?

Hi.. it gets a little messier than that; not only have a couple of libraries
disappeared, but a whole heap have moved from /usr/lib to /usr/lib/kde2.

I would recommend getting everything from koffice/debian from the CVS and
putting it in your own debian/ before building the packages; the CVS debian
files are currently aimed at building beta1 packages, whereas the ones you
have are still aimed at the 04-04-2001 snapshot.  See
http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html
for instructions on how to do this; the only module you will need is koffice.
 In fact you won't even need that; just:
cvs co koffice/debian

If you run unstable debian you should actually be able to just download the
latest koffice packages from ftp.debian.org now; the beta1 packages are now
available.  If you run stable debian, you will find a new set of problems in
building the packages (since the files in debian/ require v3 of debhelper,
and stable/potato only has v2); hopefully some stable/potato packages will be
up on kde.debian.net before too long.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton (benb@acm.org)
http://baasil.humbug.org.au/bab/

Director of Training
Australian Informatics Olympiad Committee

That you Jim?  Paul Keating here.  Just because you swallowed a f***ing
dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket
of shit over the rest of us.
	- Paul Keating on the phone to former politician Jim McClelland