List:       koffice
Subject:    Kword printing problems
From:       Lasse Jansson <lasse.jansson () telia ! com>
Date:       2001-04-25 18:14:55

Hi,

Is the below problem known, and one of the things that the new kdelibs next
week will fix ?

PROBLEM
Printing of a kword document fails

SYMPTOMS
1. When printing, the view of the document is distorted, paragraphs are moved
to wrong locations etc. The file itself is however not affected - if I save
after the view has been distorted this is not reflected in the saved file.
2. When printing to a file, the above distorsion is not reflected, but there
are other errors in the form of missing parts in the postscript file
3. When printing to a printer, the following error message is displayed:
snip
"Warning - Cannot open file
'home/kdetest.kde/tmp-tyger.hemma/kdeprint_aZBvJk6', No such file or directory
canon: nothing to print"

SOFTWARE
* KDE suite as retrieved from the niihau-cvsup-mirror at 13:16 CET April 24
(though I updated kdebase later that same day because of compile problems)
* Compiled on a RH 7 system, using gcc-2.95.2

Tell me if you want further diagnostics (screenshots, ps-files)

Best regards,

Lasse