List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Hopeful suggestion for kword
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-25 16:40:17

On Wednesday 25 April 2001 09:04, David Faure wrote:
> Yes... but is this really what you want to do ? Applying processor scripts
> out of KWord ? I'm not sure I understand what exactly this is about, but
> if it's indeed about inserting a citation... why not do that as a
> data-tool, which can be run interactively ? This would lead to a better
> (much more intuitive since graphical) user interface, and it would solve
> this problem (of trying to hack into the kword file directly).

Well, it has advantages to be able to run scripts on kword documents without
needing a UI. I can update HTML with a perl script, why shouldn't I be able
to do the same with a KWord document?

Think of server side document processing.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com