List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Print preview + non us-ascii characters
From:       Krzysztof Kosz <krzyko () cl ! opoka ! org ! pl>
Date:       2001-04-18 8:02:11

On Wednesday 18 April 2001 00:07, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 April 2001 22:32, Krzysztof Kosz wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Anyone knows, what had happened ?
>
> Is this about all KOffice applications, or only KWord ?
Only Kword, I've tried KSpread and KPresenter - in these apps it's even not
possible to type any ISO 8859-2 character.

> Anyway.. it's quite surprising that this happens.
> According to the expert (Lars) :), this looks like a misconfigured
> locale. What is your charset, configured in KControl, under
> 'Country and Language' ? Are you using a font that supports
> this charset ?
Country: Poland (pl)
Language: English US (C)
Charset: iso8859-2
I am using times, in fact the only fonts I've installed are these one which
comes with xfree 3.3.6
And I've only installed iso 8859-2 charset, no other.

> KWord defaults to 'times' ... looks like we'll have to make that smarter,
> in case times isn't installed, or if it doesn't support the locale's
> charset.
Times is installed, and it does support iso 8859-2 (for example in KMail)

One uncommon thing about internalization settings is contents of
/etc/sysconfig/i18n:
LANG="en_EU.ISO_8859-2"
this allows me to use iso8859 charset in console, and the programs aren't
autotranslated, but if this changes something in X and KDE - i don't know.

Krzysztof