List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Patch for KPresenter (Presentation Time)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-04-13 14:22:07

On Friday 13 April 2001 15:10, Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This patch displays time of presentation when user finished
> presentation mode. (CVS of 13/04)
>
> Screen shot
> http://www.kde.gr.jp/~toshitaka/Kde/KOffice/KPresenter/kpresenter_newfeature1.png
>
> I think that I am beneficial for exercise in presentation.
>
> Please review. :-)

Hmm, strange feature :)
I mean the idea is interesting, but I'm afraid that a menu item named "Stop Watch"
doesn't really tell the user what it's going to do.

And if you only display the time at the end, why update 4 member variable
each second ? ;-)
This could be done _much_ simpler with a QTime, using start() at the beginning
of the presentation, and elapsed() at the end.

What about showing "last presentation duration: hh:mm:ss" in the statusbar,
instead of a message box ? This would be less intrusive, so the toggle action
wouldn't even be needed anymore, IMHO.
Look at kword/kwview.cc for an example of how to handle statusbar items
(including the tricky cases of splitted views etc. :)
I see that kpresenter doesn't have any statusbar currently... Would be a good
opportunity to add one, with the current slide number and the total number of
slides (like for pages in kword), especially useful for those who don't use the
sidebar ;-)

Well, just an idea. In any case, a QTimer and a printf every second isn't
necessary, that's for sure ;)