List:       koffice
Subject:    Kword Won't Print or Print to File
From:       Jeff Hill <jhill () hronline ! com>
Date:       2001-03-31 20:35:40

I am unable to get Kword to print or print to file. The problem must be
with Kword since I can print files from other Koffice applications like
Kspread and Killustrator (not to mention all other KDE programs and
non-KDE ones).

I switched to using CUPS, thinking that woul help, but no luck. I've
tried uninstalling and re-installing Kword and dozen other things. I've
tried starting Kword from a terminal window to find any error messages,
but no luck. Below are all of error or suspect messages I get:

[Starting kword]
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
. . .
QObject::connect: No such signal KCommandHistory::documentRestored()
[Quitting kword]
. .  .
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoView::~KoView [KoView pointer (0x80b82d0)
to unnamed widget, geometry=1183x547+0+0]

When I try to print, there is nothing in the output indicating Kword is
even attempting it.

I'm using KWord 0.9-devel (Using KDE 2.1.1 - CVS 20010306) on a Debian
sid version.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank  you,

Jeff Hill