List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: Possible Work...
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-03-29 17:45:52

Sorry, I should not have answered two mails at the same time, as it has
made both wrong!

The re-use of any filter of another project is normally quite difficult.
The main problem is at the way the application wants its data feed (at
import) or presents its data (at export).
This part can sometime be as complicated as the part dealing with the
"foreign" format, especially if the "foreign" format is very different than
the "native" format.

Then you also have all classical problems of porting code, like for example
missing functions or even missing libraries.

However the best way to know how difficult the project may be is to try.
:-)