List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Willing to do some templates for KPresenter/Others
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-22 12:26:01

On Wednesday 21 March 2001 14:29, Christopher Young wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Hope development is going well!  Just wanted to express my thanks for
> your continued effort to bring a quality office suite to KDE.  As noted
> on the koffice website, I was given this email address to volunteer to help.
>
> I not much of a coder, but I am willing to work on templates/etc for
> some of the KOffice applications.  I have one (what I consider) nice
> template for KPresenter.  You can view what it kinda looks like by
> checking out a presentation that I did on RPM Basics on my LUGs website...
>
> http://www.leap-cf.org/ - There will be a news item that links to the
> "Introduction to RPM" presentation.  I did this presentation with
> KPresenter (had a few bumps along the way) and I thought that the layout
> was pretty good.

The template is looking good, indeed.

> I would be willing to put some work into creating some quality templates
> for various purposes.  Just let me know what I need to do and possibly
> some ideas for the type of templates that we want.  I'll get to work on
> this right away.

Great.
KPresenter just inherited various paper-format templates in CVS,
but is still lacking good screen-presentation templates.
If you're willing to make them, we can commit them to CVS, no problem :)

If you have the sources at hand, go into koffice/kpresenter/templates
and you'll see that the templates are described by desktop files
(mainly so that their name is translatable). If you could provide
the desktop files for the templates, it would save us from having
to do that. Thanks !

You could subscribe to koffice@kde.org :)