List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword drop shadow howto
From:       <brownh () hartford-hwp ! com>
Date:       2001-03-08 1:40:00

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

> Use a DTP package for this kind of graphical work ;)

For sure. I'm a refugee from FrameMaker. When that went under, the
only other frame-based Linux application that I was aware of was
KWord. Are you saying there are other DTP applications that run under
Linux? Please, let me know what they are.

> Create a KIllustrator part, with the graphics you want. Create a
> KWord part in this part where you can flow your text in.

OK, you apparently point to how the interdependency of KOffice
applications can be to my advantage. But I'm entirely ignorant of the
capabilities of KOffice. Would you kindly be a litte more specific?
One of the options I described was to create a black graphic image the
same size as the text frame and then import it into KWord and have a
text frame flow around it. So I assume you refer to some other
approach. I'd surely like to know more about it.

Haines Brown