List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: General questions  about KOffice
From:       Nicolas GOUTTE <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-02-11 0:29:35

Question 1:
KOffice, the rest of KDE and Qt on X-Windows are free. The only costs for a
company are the same as Linux: external costs (downloading, buying a
distribution or similar.)

Question 2:
As far as I know, StarOffice's documents cannot be imported into KOffice
yet. MS Office's documents can but with many limitations and restrictions.

Question 3:
Qt for Win32 exists. However it is commercial and not all programs in KDE
and KOffice are LGPL. GPL parts cannot be used with a commercial version of
QT. And as far as I know, nobody has tried to port the LGPL parts to be
used under WIn32.

In general:
I personnaly think that KOffice is not yet far enough to be used seriously
by a company. Sorry!