List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: copy & paste behaviour
From:       Christian Lavoie <clavoi14 () po-box ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2001-01-24 22:36:52

> Ascii art in a office suite? One with embedded vector and bitmap support??

How about source-code in a kword document? Say I want to quote kword.cc
(whatevver) in a university assignment?

OR

I'm writing a paper on internet culture, quoting text files that I'd rather
keep in monospaced, variable-spaced characters (aka ASCII art)

OR

I need to transfer an ASCII chart from a txt file to kword. I'll just cut and
paste the text, and draw the table over it.

OR

----

Point is, ASCII files are omnipresent in UNIX (config, source, scripts,
EVERYTHING that's not an executable or shared lib is most probably a text
file)...

Expect to be surprised by what would be wanted by your users =)

I think actually the 'best' way to implement this would be using an embedded
micro-kpart, which would allow, for example, highlighting the said
source-code (well, kwrite can do it, why not use it?), or whatever I feel
like doing with my documents.

--
Christian Lavoie
clavoi14@po-box.mcgill.ca