List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: copy & paste behaviour
From:       Juergen Appel <predator1710 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-01-22 22:20:35

On Monday 22 January 2001 20:13, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 22 January 2001 14:11, Juergen Appel wrote:
> > lo all.
> >
> > concerning KOffice 1.0:
> >
> > "Paste" does not really work in kword (didnt chech the other apps
> > though). Try to copy this from the mail
> >
> > --
> > Am                       E
> > On a dark desert highway cool wind in my hair
> > --
> >
> > and paste it into kword. The spaces between Am and E are lost.
> > It is the same if you have more than one space between words or letters
> > that you copy directly in kword and paste it back to there.
>
> This is intentional.

That is annoying to the user if you want to copy from an email fx a song text
with the accords and everything gets screwed up. It s as well annoying if you
try to make a table like this with copy and paste:

Place                  Date                     With
Home                  17.01.2000            someotherword
Home                  19.01.2000            someotherword

things like this cannot be done with Kword. And I think that thats a pity.

> Double spaces in a WP is not good. You should use tabs
> for that.
I dont really dont understand y... however, maybe the 2 examples *could* make
you consider it..

> btw. Adding them manually will also be stripped sometime in the future.

the thing I understand here doesnt seem to make sense at all. (stripping
manual space?) plz explain..