List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDE web group?
From:       Marco Krohn <Marco.Krohn () stud ! uni-hannover ! de>
Date:       2001-01-15 11:57:16

On Thursday 11 January 2001 12:25, Thomas wrote:

Hi all,

sorry for needing so long to reply (I was quite busy the last few days).

> > * someone who tries to contact the various projects if they are
> > interested and who does the coordination in general e.g. sets up a list
> > and finds out if there are any limitations (e.g. is a database on the web
> > machines available or not). As mentioned before I would volunteer for
> > that.
> > * someone who knows a bit more about web design (php, zope, etc.)
> > and who can lead a small group
> > * The various projects should have a concept on what they expect
> > (e.g. the front page should show the latest news / cvs commits
> > whatever)
>
> I completely agree that these things are needed. They are needed for a
> global design, a list of which I created some time ago; look at:
>   http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice&m=96819241928751&w=2

Fine, I had a look at your mail and that is exactly what I meant.

> So before the above 3 things are done (which to me means asking people to
> help!) the design has to be done.
> Just after this the designer has to create the page defaults for the
> different pages.

Sorry, that is something I don't understand. Why has the design to be done
first? Or the other way around: why can't the web group discuss the design?
Perhaps I misunderstood something but IMO the web group is always responsible
for design issues. BTW Florian Blaser from Switzerland contacted me a few
days ago and wrote that he could volunteer for the web group coordination. He
has some professional experience and some years of hobby-base.

   Yours sincerely

   Marco Krohn

--
Marco Krohn