List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: New updated webprototype (koffice-filters)
From:       allabos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-30 21:06:51

>===== Original Message From koffice@master.kde.org =====
>Very good - Testpage updated :
>if you click inside the import column or export column you come to
>the status file.

It is just good.

>I have add a new part (5.8 - "Add Documentation")  in the filters
page for
>the documentation where the developers can get a status - template
file.

After visiting your filter page, this seems to be chapter 5.7,
never mind.  You propose the following in the CH-5.7:

> So if you have done your filter please add some information.
> At least add a statusfile status.html. Inside of that file
> you should insert the last page update, the

I think it is very important to stress that people should not only
update the status.html file when coding has been done on a filter.
BUT the status.html should be updated when a study has been performed
how a filter can be implemented.
Some examples; when someone start a study, but can not finish, please
provide the info that has been collected sofar.
Just recently someone on the list proposed to browse (study) the
staroffice code, same request here.  Please, update the status.html
with this experience.
This will prevent redundant investigation, or someone else can start
where the first person stopped.

I hope to see this working method expressed in chapter 5.7,
underneath I provide a proposal, so now you can shoot on it :)

<chapter>
5.7 Documentation

Whenever you obtain any information about the filter
update the status(.html) file.  The status file may contain the result
of a finished investigation (e.g. can code be reused from another open
source project if yes how, if no why not) or even the experience of a
not finished investigation, and of course the possibilities the filter
currently provides.
Further more it could provide the author(s) of the filter (including
the people that performed a (pre-)study on the filter), a history,
a todo and a feature list and maybe some nice links to more
information (fileformat description, ...).

If you updated a filter don't forget to update this status file too!
</chapter>

(I don't think that it is needed to refer to the template file.
Whenever a new filter is created, you or someone else needs to
extend the table.  At that moment the status.html file can be
committed to cvs, and linked to the table etc)

>http://home.nordwest.net/ebartels/koffice/index_neu.html

In CH-5.5 you refer to:  WebCVS (actuall), Isn't it better
to write:  WebCVS (current)?

When will this page go live?  It provides already a lot of
useful information, that it is worth to make it live.

Regards,

Richard