List:       koffice
Subject:    Speaking of filters
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn-gordon () home ! com>
Date:       2000-12-28 17:04:27

Has anyone tried looking at the file open code that I got from Lotus to
see if helps with any file formats besides their own?  I just don't have
the man power at the moment to really dig in to it, we've got to get a
few of our own projects out the door first.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, you can find it at:
ftp://www.thekompany.com/pub/KOffice/filters/

The 121MB tar.gz file is the entire contents of the CD I received from
Lotus.  Essentially what we have here is the file open API from WordPro,
and I think there are some other file formats there as well.  Since
WordPro has an extensive set of import/export filters I was hoping that
they might possibly have the routines in these API's, my contact at
Lotus didn't know.  At a minimum it gets a WordPro filter.

See what you think.

Shawn