List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: New updated webprototype (koffice-filters)
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-12-22 13:04:19

Enno Bartels wrote:

> Hi  erverybody
>
> I have updated the web prototype
> with:
> - Link to Shaheed Haque's Homepage -> MS Word 97 infos
> - New first version of a LaTEX export filter for kword from ....
> - more links for developers
> - added possible needed filters and links
>
> Look at
> http://home.nordwest.net/ebartels/koffice/index_neu.html

Regarding Kimageshop filters, we have filters for jpg, png, gif, xpm,
and bmp.  These however are currently internal and need to be moved to
the filters subdirectory to use the filter protocol.  Currently you can
"import" such images into a krayon image or layer, but not open them
with file open (until they are moved so common code can connect them to
"open").  I'm also planning an xcf filter (gimp file format).  Our
format is very similar to gimp so that won't take long.  I will probably
start working on filters in January.  I can't think of any other filters
we need for quite a while, athough there are dozens of more exotic image
formats that Qt can't handle.

The page looks good.  One minor gripe - It's too wide, and doesn't fit
in an 800x600 or so browser widow.  This may be because of the width of
the tables.  Also, please change the name "Kimageshop" to "Krayon"
everywhere it's used.

John