List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: New Koffice-Filter WebPrototype WITH LINK - Sorry
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-17 9:59:28

Enno Bartels wrote:

> Hi
>
> Questions left:
>
> Do we have a filter for MS PPT 97 Files (for killu. or kpres.??)

Well.. we have a filter, but it doesn't do anything but return
a kpr document which says "Sorry" :]

> Can the MS word, exel, ppt filter import  MS Office Files of Version 2000 or
> MS Office 95 Files.

Microsoft didn't change the file format a lot (at all?) from 97 to
2000, but the Office 95 files are quite different (at least for
WinWord). As Excel's file format is more "reverse-engineer-friendly"
I think importing Excel 95 documents is easier than WinWord 95 ones.

--
Werner Trobin - trobin@kde.org