List:       koffice
Subject:    New Koffice-Filter WebPrototype
From:       Enno Bartels <ebartels () nwn ! de>
Date:       2000-12-16 15:13:44

Hi everybody.

Because I was sick about the koffice filter website
(old, missing information, ..) -
especially as I tryed to write my first version of an applixword
import filter for kword, -
I have done a new KofficeFilterWebsite.

It is basicly the same but, with
following new:
------------
- format like a howto with an index

- more clearly designed

- no sublinks on the filterpage  (filter: Infos, tutorial, links)
because this is done at no page (kword, kpresent, ...)
and it would only give confusion.
Everything about filters is on one page.

- actall developed filters are show in tables, clearly arranged.
So there is a yes - green for good working and yellow for beta
working filters.

- And the file format descriptions: all available Doctype
definitions(dtd)
(kword, kspread, killustrator, kpresenter, kimage) are show as
a. direct links (*.dtd.gz) The files have to be compressed and moved to
the
filters kofficewebpage.
b. link to the webcvs pages where you can download the actuall DTD.
c. and an info where you can find theses files in your koffice copy

I don't now if we need number a.  if we can use b.
If you thing a is not needed they only b  and c will be used.

Because we need more developer for existing and new filters
we should build a nicer page, for easyer information exchange
(So I have done the first step :-)))

Attention:
--------
The new kivio insted of  kimage link on the left side
is only done at the starting page
this has to be canged on all other pages (kword, kpresenter, ...).

Is this new page okay and can somebody than commit this ??

Thanks
Enno Bartels