List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: fun project
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-12-16 7:23:29

Rui Manuel Miguel Patrocinio wrote:

> Hello there!
>  i would like to be part of a fun project like koffice. I don't know very
> very well c++ (yet...), but i want to learn more :)
> if i could help in something... say it :)
>
> sorry if my english is not the best.. :)
>
>         byes

I could certainly use some help with Krayon (kimageshop) a paint app
something like Photoshop for Koffice.  It's almost ready for inclusion
with the rest of Koffice in the packages, and there are many little
things you could do without knowing much C++.

For example:

*new dialogs (we need lots of them) based on templates of existing ones
- mostly just copy/paste and changing some names.

*new icons for the toolbars if you have any art skills, and skeletion
code for handlers when you click on them.  You don't have to know much
about graphics programming for that and thereby might learn more about
how Qt handles messages with signal/slot.  Even if you don't have any
art skills if the icons are the right size they can be edited later.

*same for new menu items (called "action" items in kde) and the gui .rc
file to go with them.

After you get more familiar with Kde and get set up to use cvs and other
things needed for a Kde development environment, there is plenty for you
to do with krayon and other koffice apps.

John