List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: gPhoto for KDE
From:       Christian Lavoie <clavoi14 () po-box ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2000-12-05 20:03:40

> Just wanted to let people know that we are finally working on a KDE
> interface for gPhoto which should be done in a couple of weeks.  It's
> based on the new 2.0 libraries which are still in an alpha stage and we
> have no control over those.

That's great to hear =)

> Question: Is this something that you would like to see as part of
> KOffice as a support library like KChart or something?

I must confess I can hardly see what's the need for it to be a KOffice
plug-in... From (the admitedly little) I know of gPhoto, the best approach to
KDE integration is yet another KIOslave. (Actually, my personnal favourite
would be to allow it for loopback device mounting in the kernel, or even
adding Konqueror another root item in the left hand panel (next to 'network'
'root' and 'home directory'), but I disgress)

Maybe as a generic clipart library plug-in for Krayon/KWord/Killustrator, but
I still think this is better implemented as KIOslaves than anything else

Maybe you could shine some light on why/how KOffice is involved in particular?

--
Christian Lavoie
clavoi14@po-box.mcgill.ca