List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: An internationalization patch of KSpread and KChart
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-02 17:43:21

On Saturday 02 December 2000 17:30, Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:
> Hello.
>
> David Faure wrote:
>
> > Why isn't it enough to call fromLocal8Bit in kaiman ?
>
> In Japan, "Shift JIS" is used under Microsoft Windows,
> and "EUC-JP" is used under UNIX.
> Almost all the MP3's tags are written under Windows.

I see. Wow :(
Then the patch is probably correct.

Stefan, please have a look at http://www.kde.gr.jp/patch/kdemultimedia-2.0-kaiman-i18n-20001110.diff
and see how you prefer to integrate it.

> > What's QT_UNICODE and why do you force latin1 in khtml ?
>
> QT_UNICODE is a macro defined in "qt-m17n" patch.
> This patch extends ISO 8859-1 to Unicode
> and displays Unicode characters without locale support.

Ok, so this needs to know what goes in Qt first.

> > You changed .ascii in .latin1 in korganizer, but they do the same thing :)
>
> The reason is because QString::ascii() became obsolete by Qt2.2.1
> reference doc.

Hmm, yes, ok :-)

> > The korganizer patch shows some interesting errors though.
>
> I'm very sorry. I reexamine in detail once again.

No, sorry, I didn't mean that. I meant, that the patch shows that there
are _currently_ many errors in korganizer, concerning those conversion
problems. It's the code that has errors, not the patch :)
Cornelius, that one's for you:
http://www.kde.gr.jp/patch/kdepim-2.0-korganizer-i18n-20001101.diff

> > What's m17n ? :)
>
> KPresenter can accept only U+0000-U+00FF characters.
Still now ? I thought this was fixed.

> An abolishment of this limitation means multilingualization, I think.
Ah, ok, I didn't know the meaning of m17n :)

> # It is Toshihiro Inoue and Takeda that answered your questions.
Thanks :)

> I tried to use CVS (HEAD branch) of 01/12.
> About internationalization of KSpread and KChart.
> KSpread did not include a problem.
Good news :-)))

> However, KChart include a problem.
> A problem is for Japanese after a number to disappear with "KChart Data
> Editor".
>
> I made a patch. I will attach a patch.

Hmm, not sure about this. Using isdigit is certainly wrong.
This should use QChar::isDigit() instead... but your patch also
changes the logic of the method, not sure if that's correct or not...
Laurent ? :)