List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Help with koffice website
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-11-27 1:12:30

"Warwick Chapman (Budgee)" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I wonder if I could offer my services maintaining the KOffice
> website. I desperately want to get involved with the KOffice project,
> cause I think this is where the Linux desktop will make it's break. I
> am
> not a programmer though.
>
> I am fluent in PHP, HTML, CSS that sort of thing and Linux on the
> server side, but no a programmer. Please can I help somehow?
> The site seems badly out of date, if I can be part of sorting this out,
> I'd like to.
>
> Maybe I could get the programmin in on the way.
>
> (There is a dead link on the "How can I help page" to the mailing
> lists, it looks as if it should point to
> http://www.koffice.org/contact.phtml#lists instead of
> http://www.koffice.org/contact.html#lists)
>
> Thanks
>
> Warwick Chapman (1999)
> Assistant IT Manager
> Glenwood High School, Durban, South Africa
> 031 2055241
> 083 7797094
> www.glenwoodhighschool.co.za

Do not leave town within the next 48 hours.  We have been looking for
you, and you are a WANTED man.  We have a warrant for your arrest!

I haven't got to replies to patches I submitted for the site a few days
ago but as I read through the mail I got to yours first.  Thomas Zander,
the minister of koffice website hacking, may need your help.  Just hang
around and you are sure to be contacted, plied with wine, women and
riches and drafted into service in maintaining the site.  You seem to
have just the right skills.

John Califf, website meddler