List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: smb:/wboxname/somedir
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-24 18:37:58

On Friday 24 November 2000 17:56, Frank Endriss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to "see" smb shares in KDE2 on a SuSE 7.0 box.

This is offtopic for this list, which is about koffice....

> I can do this using smbclient in a terminal. But in I cant
> using konqueror.
>
> I did the configuraton entries in Kontrollzentrum, and if I
> use the URL-style syntax in konqueror my box seems to try
> to connect the windows box.
> But the share is allways "empty".
>
> Note that there is no error message or the like, independend
> of what password I type.
>
> Where should I search for the reasons ?

The SMB support in konqueror isn't very good...

It works here, but that's with Windows 95/98. I've heard it
doesn't work with 2000 at all, and on NT I'm not sure if all types
of security are supported (share/user/....).

I don't think there's much to do until we get a better library to support
SMB, from the SAMBA source code (we are going to move in that
direction in the future).

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/