List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Ascii Import Filter
From:       "Michael Johnson" <mikej () xnet ! com>
Date:       2000-11-23 1:15:00

> Thomas,
>
> The revised [ascii input] filter is attached. Everything is in two files
> which are
> revisions of the originals with the same name. They are not diffs.

A number of problems on that:
 - when I have a text that is block aligned the ascii tends to have 2 spaces
in the middle of sentences, it is not nice to start a table there.
 - After [,.:;] signs it is common to type multiple spaces as well.

Yes, I knew about the multiple spaces problem. It's very common
in some places to use two spaces after a sentence. I will have to
fix this somehow in the next version.

It seems you got a long way in quite a short time. Hope this helps you put
more functionality in an already very good import filter ;)

You gave me some good hints on how to rework the filter. I didn't
understand tables very well. I will work it some more and maybe I'll
have a better one before Florida finishes counting votes. That
should give me four years :).

Thanks for the hints.

Michael

mikej@xnet.com