List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kOffice won't work - MIME problems
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-04 12:41:28

On Friday 03 November 2000 09:33, Andrew Patterson wrote:
> > kde.sh and kde.csh are in /etc/profile.d
> >
> > Redhat uses that directory as a way of allowing packages to define their
> > own environment variables.
> > all the .sh files in that directory get sourced by /etc/profile at the
> > start of every session.
>
> Ah, okay, that clears why the damned KDEDIR env variable was always
> wrong.
> It's fixed now, thank you!
>
> I'm still have the cursed "missing NativeMimeType entry" error.  Could
> someone explain to me exactly how this NativeMimeType stuff works? Maybe
> then I could look at the .desktop files and work out what needs to be
> added to make the damn thing work; assuming that it's still not ksycoca
> still.

Look for a file named kword.desktop under ~/.kde/share/applnk and
$KDEDIR/share/applnk. You may have only the latter of course.
And it should contain X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-kword.
(and the one in ~/.kde shouldn't have that field).

If all this is ok, then the problem IS ksycoca.
Tell me what turns out.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/