List:       koffice
Subject:    EPS support (was: Re: kpresenter)
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2000-11-03 18:51:07

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Pauly Martin Dipl.-Phys. wrote:

> Bernd,
>
> > I included .eps graphics in my kpresenter presentation. After saving and
> > re-opening the presentation, the eps graphics weren't there anymore.
>
> I encountered the same problem when trying to user CorelDraw generated
> EPS files. That was in May, but I am afraid there is still some developement
> ahead the road as to ESP inclusion.

Hi there,

it seems that EPS support is broken in general. Even kword is not able to
store them.

I looked at the EPS-write-function in kimageio and found that, that the
function tries to store the image in an file instead of saving it in the
iodevice. I changed this and now the functions writes the image to the
store. But not the complete image, just about 2/3 of it.

When I try to open that store again kpresenter crashes (same with
kword). Even when I replace the buggy image in the store with a complete
EPS image this crash happens.

Any of the core developers with a hint how to solve this, otherwise I
will 'trial & error' till it works! ;-)

BTW: kview can open and display the buggy 2/3 EPS image I get... so it
doesn't seem to be completely corrupted.

Bye,

	Percy