Eric Sorensen wrote: > On Saturday 28 October 2000 01:39, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > Eric Sorensen wrote: > > > I Just wanted to mention that KSpread doesn't take the currency settings > > > from the KDE Desktop environment. > > > > Hmm, how do you conclude that? What does it print for you when > > you switch to monetary view? > > > > Oh I just found the problem, and it is as follows. Kspread seems to save > currency format when a table is first made. Afterwards it seems to be > impossible to change the desired currency. I made my first spreadsheet when > everything was set to US - currency. I realised my mistake and changed the > KDE system settings to Germany but KSpread didn't take them any more. All > new tables though show a German currency - as expected. > > I don't know if this is a bug or a feature (could be both), but it would be > nice to be able to change the shown currency after the fact. I think that is a nice feature, Imagine reading a US report of laser printer prices in a KSpread file when you have the German locales set. Then you hurry buy a printer because it costs only 300 DEM (instead of 300$). I think that currency must be saved inside the document, but having the possibility to change it later or mix (maybe already exist) Marko