List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: file format]
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-10-16 10:56:19

> On Dimanche 15 Octobre 2000 21:20, Navindra Umanee wrote :
> >Don Sanders <sanders@kde.org> wrote:
> >> I'm not aware of any mangling text bugs in KMail. Maybe some have
> >> been introduced recently, perhaps by the non-latin support
> >> changes. Can you please send me the original message to me? Don't
> >> forward it instead save it into a seperate file and send it as an
> >> attachment.
> >
> >Sorry, Don.  I think I was too quick.  It must be a bug in the archival system.
>
> Yup, I'd say so too.

Totally off topic, but maybe someone with to much time on his
hands can look at the bug.

Its inherent to the way sendmail (and friends) handle email.

Send an email and on disk it gets saved with these   chars at the
end.

I use a server at home which accepts emails but never sends them on their
way. At the moment I dial in I do a sendmail -q to actually sent them.

During that time I see 2 files stored, the headers and the message itself, the
message itself is formatted to be at max 80 chars (or something) long, the lines
that are cut have the   at the end.

So the fix would be to s/ \\n//;

Cheers!