List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Krayon (kimageshop) fixes committed
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-10-14 9:08:11

> I know that when we've posted on the KImageShop list, we get feedback,
> so people are subscribed, there just hasn't been anything to talk
> about.

Yeah, and it would tremendously help it the emails got shorter. Most
people get a zillion emails per day. An email with this amount of text
just is not read. Let alone people reply to it!

> I would say that using the original list for application
> specific issues would be appropriate.  There were offers from some
> people to help with the UI design and make it more "artist" friendly.

Sure, just that some of the things here are questions that concern the
koffice libs. So these questions are only logical to be posted on
koffice-devel (which I am cross-posting this to)

> John Califf wrote:
> >
> > I have committed changes to kimageshop which should allow people to use
> > and test the application now.

Cool! I'll try it out soon!

> > Does it compile
> > and run on your box?

I'll let you know some time later today.

> > I do have several questions about the ongoing development of Kimageshop:
> >
> > 2.  Integration.  Currently some of the drawing tools work.  Layers
> > work, but not much of the image manipulation code has been written yet.

I think it is best if you choose yourself what you want to work on.
Simple filters would be nice.

> > I'd prefer to use what has already been written for pixie or to somehow
> > use pixie as a part for that (without pixie's interface) or at the very
> > least use what is already in kdegraphics - the mini-magic library.

Dont' know, can someone more in to the kdegraphics code comment on that?

> > KImageshop also must work as a KOffice part within KWord and
> > KIllustrator

Does it not allready? I mean it's a koffice-part, right? We might have to
add a link or something for this..  Simon?

> > 3.  Artists.  Feedback from Kde artists is needed.
> > The app needs many more tools, though,
> > and image manuputation functionality is very incomplete.  Artists - what
> > are your needs?  This is your application

After the official 2.0 release, just make sure that the application gets
installed on every developers computer. Suggestions will probably pour in.
I will probably look at it, since I got a lot of experience with photoshop.

> > 4.  Documentation - almost nonexistent.  Any documentation writers
> > willing to volunteer after the 2.0 release, or provide me with a
> > template for writing user documentation ?

Documentation is written by the documentation team, chance is that as soom
as you make the code mainstream again it is included in the TODO list
of some doc-writers.

Then again, if the interface is going to change docs are a waste of time
at this point.