List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Indexing KWord Documents
From:       Tollef Fog Heen <tollef () add ! no>
Date:       2000-10-11 14:29:22

* Fabricio Bianco Abreu

| Is there a product on the market, free or not, that can catalog Kword
| formated files so that they can be searched and published on an Intranet. We
| think of apache to publish the pages, but I can't figure how can we provide
| the text search capability.

Once you get the xml files from kword extracted, you can use cocoon,
(<URL:http://xml.apache.org/cocoon> IIRC) with an XSLT stylesheet to
transform this into HTML and then index it with whatever you'd like to
use for indexing.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.