List:       koffice
Subject:    KOffice compatibility
From:       Ken Meyer <Ken () e-Possibilities ! com>
Date:       2000-09-29 21:22:24

Hi!

 I just ran across your office suite for linux, and it sparked my interest. I \
currently use ApplixWare, though I want to change to another suite. I had been \
considering StarOffice, but I don't like having to pull up their desktop in order to \
use the word processor, for instance. It redundent and a huge waste of memory. \
However, I like the ability of StarOffice to import and export MSOffice files. This \
is an absolute necessity for me, and, considering that with version 6.0 the \
StarOffice desktop will be optional, I am leaning strongly in that directions.

Which brings me to my question: Can KOffice programs import and export MSOffice \
files? If not, is this planned for sometime in the near future.

Thanks,

Ken
--
Dig your well before you get thirsty.