--------------B74F0732A016ADDD15A73AB9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jacques, > > I don't know, 2 days I think. > > This - as usual - "Depends". > > Influencing factors include: > > a) How much of DocBook will you export to? > b) Will you be using stylesheets? > c) Dependent on a) and b), how will you implement frames? Will you > implement frames at all? > > And so on. > > Still, shouldn't be *too* difficult to grab the semantic markup. > Formatting'll be a bugger but semantics not so much. Strikes me as an > excellent job for Perl and the various Perl *ML parsers. > > Certainly if you're successful, there may be a case to adopt DocBook > as a target for later development (version 2.x or so). I wasn't really planning anything fancy. The idea behind this is to be able to write documentation in SGML DocBook format in a nice looking environment without actutally knowing anything about SGML DocBook. I want to start out without any stylesheets and *definitly* without frames. Also, I don't want a filter that is able to create every single little bit of SGML DocBook. A nice feature though would be to implement this to work bidirectional, so a cycle of exporting, importing and exporting again would result in the same file. However, I hadn't really thought about doing an import filter at the same time but I might get an approval for that, too. Michael -- Wolf-Michael Bolle (Products & Development) * ID-PRO Deutschland GmbH * G.-Heinemann-Ring 135 * D-81739 M=FCnchen * Tel. +49 (0) 89-67 34 61-64 * Fax -70 * http://open-for-the-better.com --------------B74F0732A016ADDD15A73AB9 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Jacques,

--
Wolf-Michael Bolle <Bolle@ID-PRO.de> (Products & Development)
* ID-PRO Deutschland GmbH * G.-Heinemann-Ring 135 * D-81739 München