On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Wolf-Michael Bolle wrote : >>Hi folks, > >we at ID-PRO are currently looking into how hard it would be to >implement a WYSIWIG type DocBook editor. Our idea currently is to get >KWord to export SMGL DocBook. I've had a chance to talk with David Faure >at the Linux Kongress in Erlangen (Germany) about it last week and he >said the subject boils down to going through the XML DOM tree of the >current document and pick the few things we would really care about, >like paragraphes, headlines, and so on, and output SGML DocBook code >into the sml file much like the HTML export filter does it. Yup - except that the HTML export filter is awful (C) code, which I haven= 't yet got around rewriting since I inherited it. In fact the closest filter (that is, one that uses QDom), would be the ol= d version of the CSV filter, whose code you can find in koffice/filters/kspread/csv= /cvsexport.cc line 177. Then of course you'll need to look at the KWord DTD, available under koffice/kword/dtd/kword.dtd, to know what tags to expect and parse. >Well, there haven't been too many people on this planet who have written >KWord export filters. Could somebody out there give me a little estimate >on how much work that could possibly be? Also how do you add a new >filter to KWord? Is there any kind of documentation or maybe a >do-nothing kinda template as a starting point? Documentation and pointer to template are available at http://www.koffice= =2Eorg/filters/tutorial.html Estimate is: this depends pretty much on how fast you master Qt and QDom,= but on the whole it really shouldn't take you long. --=20 David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for how to set up KDE 2