It sounds like he's referring to projects started by theKompany such as Kivio, reKall, etc.... he wants to keep those somewhat closed and controlled but I don't think he means KDE code such as KWord, KSpread, KImageShop, etc... That makes more sense. It does seem to be something of an unfortunate dichotomy, but if it's open source, I suppose you can always check the stuff in to KDE CVS if you have a reason. :) It would be nice if we could all get along. Why don't they consider working more like Eazel does? Eazel manages to work with the GNOME community, right? John Califf wrote: > First, KOffice was well established and most of the coding was done long > before the Kompany paid anybody. Secondly, it is highly improper to > move the focus of ongoing KOffice projects to a commercial site. If the > Kompany starts new components that work with KOffice or enhance it, that > is different. Anyone can fork the code, or contribute new components. Well, it's all in KDE CVS so what's the worse they can do? They can fork if they want, and if the code is free, you can take anything you like from them, but I don't think that's what they are doing. > I would like for Shawn Gordon to clarify these things, but regardless of That would be nice. I should have read that article carefully... just glanced over it unfortunately. :( -N.