List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: another Kword gui patch
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-25 20:49:45

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, John Califf wrote:

> > Attached is a patch to kword_page.cc which fixes these problems or adds
> these following featuers:
>
> 1.  Middle button click - clicking middle button in a text frame in edit
> mode to insert text from clipboard was placing the text where the cursor
> was, not where the user clicked with mouse.  It now moves cursor as near
> as possible to mouse click location and inserts text there, making that
> line editable.

I know Qt does this but I find this actually highly annoying. It's always a
bit of a guess where the text ends up. Inserting it at the cursor position
seems to work much easier IMO. You can LMB click to position the cursor,
verify that it is where you want it to be and then click MMB to paste at the
cursor position.

Note that xterm's also paste at the cursor location. (Not that they have a
choice)

Opinions?

Cheers,
Waldo