List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: my filter: newbie needs help
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-09-25 15:59:26

Stephan,

This *might* have something to do with some changes to this area that were
implemented in the last day or so. Make sure you update to the latest CVS
before going much further.

>ASSERT: "filter" in koFilterManager.cc (298)
>QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::sigProgress(int) to
>KSpreadDoc::slotProgress(int)

On the other hand (:-))...the ASSERT at line koFilterManager.cc (298) is
saying that the createFilter failed...the connect message is a consequence
of this. The createFilter is in koQueryTrader.cc - its a small function, and
so can probably just be stepped through.

The other thing is: you should make sure you are using gdb 5.x (4.x was poor
at stack traces etc.), and also that you did a

make clean
configure --enable-debug
make

then you should see more useful stuff. I hope this helps, let us know if you
need more assistance.

Thanks, Shaheed